Kimbra White assists government agencies and other organisations to involve people and communities in their planning and decision making processes.
Kimbra designs and facilitates individually tailored processes to meet the specific needs of the project, the group and the client.
Innovative, creative and sustainable solutions to complex issues can be found by involving people; the community and stakeholders, with organisations. In doing this work, Kimbra invites people into conversations that matter for where and how they live and ensures that their views are heard.
Kimbra White assists with:
- Community and stakeholder engagement planning and advice
- Facilitation of groups, meetings, workshops and large events
- Design of participatory processes
Currently she is particularly interested in working on or with:
- Participatory budgeting in local government
- Participatory processes in planning and architecture including charrettes
- Community and neighbourhood planning
- Theory U for strategy planning
- Creating places for public conversations and deliberation
- Working with silence and finding ways to hear people who have been silenced